KanOkla Networks is Committed to Assisting Our Communities
KanOkla is pleased to offer several programs to help sustain our member communities.
- The Community Development & Assistance Program is a dollar for dollar match of funds raised for a specific project. These projects have benefited fire departments, cities, fairs, parks, schools, libraries, etc.
- In 2011 the School & Library Assistance Program was added so schools and libraries wouldn't have to compete for community funds.
- The City Assistance Program for Unsafe Structures was added in 2015.
- Other potential grant opportunities may be available.
There are other avenues that KanOkla can help in growing our communities through local commerce.
- Revolving Loan Funds - 0% interest loans for up to ten years available to qualifying community and new/existing business projects. We administer these funds in partnership with USDA.
- Grow Our Own - Help entrepreneurs gather resources, create a business plan and look into funding opportunities.
KanOkla's board recently approved a revolving loan fund for Christine and Ryan Mayo to open a bakery/coffee shop on Main Street in Caldwell. Christine's favorite form of art is baking. She is very creative and detailed oriented. She stated, "To me, Pekarna will be something in town that all ages can enjoy-but also something that this younger generation is lacking in town-a place for them to congregate." The Mayo's plan to bring a modern charm in the bakery/coffee shop to the historic downtown of Caldwell. We are proud to be working with them to make their dream come true. We wish them luck in their new venture. Check out the Pekarna FB page at facebook.com/PekarnaCoffeeandBakery.